Thursday, May 17, 2007

2nd Week

this post is sentiments from last night when i wrote some. i do not have internet at home:

i wonder -- and not without disgust -- how can i be upset or frustrated with my job being a drag, when many (most) of the guys that i work with are in need of the salvation of Jesus Christ? here i am, no doubt tired and worn out, but i cannot help but think it is wrong of me to dwell on this, even for a minute. this is part of sharing in the cross of Christ, having a burden for the lost. God give me the strength for this burden.

this was following a bad day at the office, and i was bothered by it the rest of the day, especially since i am always annoyed when tired. maybe i just want to feel good and cruise through everything. hmmm. something tells me i have a pretty bad attitude. i am constantly checking myself and realizing this is the case. time to do something about it.

today in 16th bunker i decided i must be dedicated to the Word of God. pray this will be a reality.

2 comments:

Sienna said...

"this is part of sharing in the cross of Christ..."

i really appriciated this thought of yours. ive thought about this too...our place in christ' sufferings. it comes to mind when i keep praying some difficulty away or person away and they wont get out of my life. and then i think.. maybe this is my cross to bare to somehow glimpse his pain and then understand his love that much more.

keep your thoughts coming.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Dan! Let me know if I can pray for anyone or anything specific. love.