Thursday, May 10, 2007

Back in the World I Know

I really am beginning to get back into this life of mine. I don't feel so strange being here, and I am enjoying it a little. That's sort of a relief from my cynical tendencies. It was like I wanted to leave as soon as I got here because I didn't really know what to do. But now I guess I feel busy and geared for action, so of course I am okay with that. I am at my finest when I have no time to think. ???
I think I want to think.
This is going a weird direction, so I will slow down a little. First of all, let me say that work is shaping up a bit. I am recognizing the value of being there and interacting with the same people day after day after day. Maybe it was somewhat of a shock to come spend all day with these guys that are about the opposite of my good friends. Or maybe they are just real-life versions of my friends unleashed. That may be the more likely of the two. Ironically. I think that is why I am coming around with them, just realizing the fact that there are some things I cannot get with them about, but that there are also things that we can talk about, and be able to get to a point of actually knowing them. It can be fun.
I go to bed at 10.
I need to go to bed at 9.
I want to go to bed at 12.
My life in Asheville. A good one. Really.
I also like Philadelphia.
That is where I will be in August.

3 comments:

Sienna said...

your words are so good, dan. itæs interesting to hear your perspective on these people...how they're like your good friends unleashed. this is an interesting and insightful way to look at it.

im relieved to hear it's going better. my thoughts are with you and with philly. can't wait to see you! oh and thanks so much for all those photos... i was SO glad to see though that i just want to give you the biggest hug!!

kyrieanna said...

i can not wait to see you guys in philly. seriously. i can't.!

D. Fresh said...

i'm pumped. i think about it alot. it will be great. but you know theres a lot to thinkabout between now and then, so i gotta keep it under wraps right now. not so simple.